Sue Cowley, Getting the Buggers to Behave
Other Words by Sue Cowley
- How to Survive Your First Year in Teaching
- The Ultimate Guide to Differentiation: Achieving Excellence for All
- Getting the Buggers to Write
- Road School: Learning Through Exploration and Experience
What is This Strategy About?
When used correctly, you should be giving out more rewards than punishments. Make positive behaviour what gets your attention.
Why is it Important to Reward Students?
Rewards can show students that you recognise their achievements and can promote positive behaviour to motivate them.
Choose this strategy if you want to...
- Reduce poor behaviour
- Give attention to the pupils who are behaving
- Create something bespoke for your class (in line with school expectations)
Interested in this strategy?
If you're not already signed up, click here to register for a free account. If you already have an account, click here to choose this strategy as a 6-week initiative. (It only takes 10 minutes to start an initiative!)