What is OneStep CPD?
OneStep is a digital professional development service with a difference; made by teachers for teachers, we use an action-research approach
so you can evaluate what actually improves teaching and learning in your classroom. Develop and maintain effective teaching habits and find out what works for you in your role with the pupils you teach.
OneStep has been tested with classroom teachers, teaching assistants and cover supervisors in England, Scotland, Brunei and Jordan. You can see their case studies
here. OneStep can provide bespoke professional development to all staff in schools anywhere in the world.
How does OneStep CPD work?
OneStep CPD was built around intent, implementation and impact.
Choose one strategy to put into place in your classroom in a 6-week initiative to test it's impact on teaching and learning. Fill in a Plan to set out how you will implement the strategy in your classroom or with a particular group of children, and set success criteria.
- Choose the perfect strategy for you from over 150 strategies within 20 strategy categories.
- If you find there isn't a strategy suitable for you, you can contact us via email and we will research at least one strategy within 5 working days.
- We deliver transformative, not informative, CPD - our strategies are skills focussed, helping you deliver content in the most effective way for your pupils.
- The plan takes around 10 minutes to fill in. For more information on this step, this video explains more.
Reflect every week for 6 weeks using a Progress Tracker, which is similar to a bullet journal. You will be asked to reflect on how that week has gone, as well as any additional activities, such as monitoring particular students or organising observations. You also have the opportunity to upload evidence to support your reflections.
- The vast majority of the CPD itself is done during classtime, with around 5 minutes a week needed to fill in the Progress Tracker.
Fill in an Evaluation and Sustainability Plan and receive a case study that is handmade by our designers within 2 working days.
- The final case studies to evaluate the ‘how’ and ‘why’ behind what’s worked in your classroom.
- Professional look, easily shared in a PDF format, or uploaded to your performance management drive.
- Share effective new teaching habits your entire teaching team, not just to a few colleagues. During our tests, one school used a staff member's case study to justify introducing a new non-negotiable across the school as it had been tried and tested with their own pupils.
- The Evaluation and Sustainability Plan takes around 15-20 minutes to fill in.
Would you like to hear more?
Want to sign up?
Sign up straight away here