Free Professional Development for EYFS Teachers
My mum was an EYFS teacher (Nursery and Reception) for 43 years (starting long before the term EYFS was even coined). I remember her coming home every Monday frustrated, that she has sat through directed time which was focused on training that was often not applicable to her EYFS setting, and so she subsequently felt like she had wasted an hour which could be spent doing more productive things. From conversations with other EYFS educators, this is a frustration shared by many others.
Welcome to OneStep CPD!
OneStep CPD has been made for enthusiastic teachers who are willing to make a change, whatever their context. We are a digital service, allowing you to access professional development when it suits you, with the vast majority of our courses taking place whilst you are teaching. (On average, you need to set aside 1 hour over the course of 6 weeks to fill in a plan, reflections and a final evaluation.)
We have shortlisted the best of our courses for the 7 Development EYFS Areas. For each of our courses You will have to consider how to apply this to your context and your pupils, (and we would expect every teacher to apply the strategy in an appropriate way with their own class, whether EYFS, Primary, Secondary, Home Educating, etc).
Personal, social and emotional development
- Restorative Talks About Behaviour (it is beneficial to encourage children at a young age to talk about their emotions as well as causes and consequences of their behaviour).
- Be Aware of your Reaction
- Classroom Attitude
- Creating Activity Routine
- Making Compliance Visible
- Positive Feedback
- Answering Difficult Questions
- Embrace Challenge
- Supporting Shared Reading
- Full Stops and Capital Letters
- How to Teach Vocabulary
- Strategies for Reading Comprehension
Communication and Language
- Developing Language and Communication #1
- Developing Language and Communication #2
- Speech, Language and Communication Needs
- Encourage More Independent Pupil Discussion
- Breaking It Down Until They’re Right
Understanding the World
- Doing the Daily Move: Balance
- Doing the Daily Move: Aerobic
- Physically Active Breaks (this refers to breaks between activities within a lesson, not outdoor/indoor play breaks)
- Promoting Healthy Lifestyles Through Active Learning
Expressive Arts and Design
Other potential courses from OneStep CPD around EYFS are:
- Closing the Disadvantage Gap at EYFS
- Applying Prior Knowledge (Reception to KS2)
- Effective Homework in Primary
- Engaging Boys
OneStep CPD champions authors, teachers and pedagogists through our strategies, allowing everyone to test ideas and adopt what works. Our blog does the same, providing a platform for anyone with an interest in education to share good practice and great ideas.
All opinions are those of the author and not necessarily OneStep CPD.